COMMON AND COMPATIBLE OBJECTIVES: EXCAVATION AT SERVICE OF WATER
Excavation operations at service of water, present different and more specific complexities than normal land excavation.
To enable sector operators to cope with these complexities in different contexts, we have designed specific mechanical and hydraulic booms for excavation operations in the marine environment.
Through new geometries of arm movement that allow greater depths to be reached, hydraulic circuits adapted to the hull and equipment at the tip of the arm, heat and surface treatments of hydraulic components and the application of special paints for marine environments, we have developed mechanical and hydraulic booms for dredging units that can be adapted to any floating craft and customised according to client’s requirements.
G.D.M. mechanical and hydraulic booms for dredging units can operate in various environments, allowing to:
- Clean the seabed of ports, canals, rivers or lakes, in order to make them deeper, or to remove sediment such as gravel and sand that has been deposited due to silting, making navigation less safe.
- Execute nourishments operations on beaches eroded by tidal movements
- Freeing up access sea-routes to ports
- Increasing the navigable depth of ports
- Recovering sediments, which can be used in the recovery of land from the sea, for construction or environmental use
G.D.M. is the ideal partner for dredging operations because it combines mechanical and hydraulic arms for dredging units with decades of experience in the construction of equipment for earth-moving machinery and the total adaptability of its products and services, thus guaranteeing the possibility of responding to a wider range of needs and to a wider public.